A Brief Explanation
Early this month, I asked on my blog and social media for reading recommendations.
Here on the blog, I said, “…what I’m asking for my birthday is reading recommendations from you, please.”
You may find my request post at this URL:
I was joyfully overwhelmed by the response!
Y’all recommended nineteen books and five series.
Thank you to everyone who made recommendations; I’ll be using these lists to pick titles from, and I’ll think of you as I read them.
(The following lists of books and series are alphabetized by the first letter of the writer’s name.)
- “The Lincoln Highway” by Amor Towles
- “Demon Copperhead” by Barbara Kingsolver
- “Even Though I Knew The End” by C.L. Polk
- “The Perfect Crimes of Marian Hayes” by Cat Sebastian
- “Cheer Up! Love & Pompoms” by Crystal Frasier and Val Wise
- “The Companion” by EE Ottoman
- “The Moonday Letters” by Emmi Itäranta
- “The Wisteria Society of Lady Scoundrels” by India Holton
- “Dinners with Ruth” by Nina Totenberg
- “From Dust, A Flame” by Rebecca Podos
- “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” by Rebecca Skloot
- “A Half-Built Garden” by Ruthanna Emrys
- “Light from Uncommon Stars” by Ryka Aoki
- “We Are Mermaids” by Stephanie Burt
- “Bellewether” by Susanna Kearsley
- “The Firebird” by Susanna Kearsley
- “The Shadowy Horses” by Susanna Kearsley
- “The Winter Sea” by Susanna Kearsley
- “The Way Spring Arrives and Other Stories” by Yu Chen (Editor)
- “Terra Ignota” by Ada Palmer
- “Old Kingdom” by Garth Nix
- “The Lady Astronaut” by Mary Robinette Kowal
- “Bloodlines” by Richelle Mead
- “The Chronicles of Amber” by Roger Zelazny